⚙️ Fixing small drywall holes is a cinch when you know what you’re doing. Here’s how!

⚙️ Fixing small drywall holes is a cinch when you know what you’re doing. Here’s how!

Fixing Small Holes In DrywallThe easiest way to repair small holes in drywall is to purchase a drywall repair kit from any home improvement store.

Step 1 – Purchase A Piece Of Drywall
First thing’s first. Head to your local hardware store and buy a small sheet of drywall that’s the same thickness as the drywall you are repairing.

Step 2 – Measure & Cut
Measure the hole and cut a patch from the drywall sheet you just bought. Give yourself a couple of inches all the way around. Don’t cut through the paper backing as this will be what holds your patch in place.

Step 3 – Clean The Hole
Using a utility knife (or drywall saw if you have one) clean the inside of the hole to fit the patch you just cut. Make sure the hole’s edges are as smooth and square as possible so the patch fits perfectly.

Step 4 – Insert The Patch
Apply joint compound to the underside of the patch, paying special attention to the paper surrounding the patch itself. This will be what holds the patch in place. Insert the patch into the hole and press firmly on the paper surrounding the patch.

Step 5 – Prep The Area For Painting
Feather the compound outward, making sure the entire patch is covered and then some. When the compound dries, sand the area with a fine-grit sandpaper. It may take two or three layers of compound to make the patch blend completely with the wall.

Repairing Large Holes In Drywall
The instructions are basically the same, except you may need to use drywall screws to hold the patch in place against the studs in the wall.

Emma Co Personal Real Estate Corp | Macdonald Realty | 6046183888

Building VALUE With Every Move


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.